We are seeking a Mechanical Design Engineer with a manufacturing/Production background to join a market-leading Automated Storage Solutions OEM Based in Monaghan
Candidates will have a minimum of 5 years of hands-on design experience with a strong passion for research and development of new products.
In this role your responsibilities will include:
- Design, development and refinement of products on SolidWorks
- Full research and design of products from concept to customer
- creation of detailed production drawings
- creation and maintenance of accurate bills of materials.
- Assisting with Lean manufacturing processes
Requirements for this role:
- Degree in Mechanical engineering. Chartered as advantage but not essential
- Experience of working in a company with manufacturing/designing background.
- Experience with 3D CAD (Solidworks) and 2D CAD.
- Excellent Communication Skills, Verbal, Computer and Presentational.
- A strong background in problem-solving techniques and R&D.
- High attention to detail.
- Ability to work as part of a cross-functional team involving production, sales, software & marketing.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Demonstrable innovation & creativity in finding practical solutions in a manufacturing environment
- Designing and developing products from concept to production.
- Creating and working with detailed drawings and drawing controls
- strong organizational skills and ability to manage a workload across multiple projects concurrently
- proactive attitude with ability to manage own time and workload effectively
- Strong focus on quality throughout their designs and work.
- Knowledge and experience of structural steel design
- Previous knowledge of sensor use and application
- Experience with simulation and FEA Analysis
- Experience writing standard work/assembly documents to aid production
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, teams and 365 application
- Knowledge of how to access, interpret and use British and European standards and patents when completing design work
Competitive Salary based upon relevant experience and negotiable for the right candidate
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- On-site parking
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday